To Do 12/16
- Begin PTIL Contemporary Moment
- Choose one of the following to add to your DP with a description/explanation
1. (emotional rollercoaster) Pick an emotion to graph/chart over the course of this project or class. Link to the slides we used
2. (2 words and a Gif) post 2 words and a Gif that show how you felt at the beginning of this project/class and 2 words and a Gif that show how you feel now.
- Start adding/curating your Contemporary Moment on your DP
This week you will write an article describing your Contemporary Moment (CM)
To Do 12/11
- Fill out a blank rubric for yourself and submit it today.
- Sign up for a Public Critique Slot (Tuesday 12/15)
- Turn in a draft of your Image and Article if you haven't yet
- Goal Targetting Jamboard
To Do 12/10
- Add your pull quote and description to your image
- Continue work on your Article and Appetizer #3
- Asynchronous afternoon, submit your article and image draft for credit.
- 1PM office hours
To Do 12/8
- Have a draft of you CM article ready for the afternoon session.
- Plan to finish your Coin Drop PTIL (appetizer 3) for Friday AM so we can share with each other
- Inertia Video from class
To do 12/7
- Begin draft one of your article. See my example
- Critique 12/8 PM
- Optional credit for last week: Post your Contemporary Moment image to your DP. Include a comment describing it and the goals you set. Example to the right
- - - If you want me to check your DP and grade it, respond yes to this survey
- Public Critique Tuesday, Dec 15 sign up
demonstration/education. Plan to present on Dec 14
Geodesic Dome: No need to mail items to me. You may coordinate with your partner to assemble elsewhere.
Above is the draft of my contemporary moment. It was challenging to decide how I would fit a wide-aspect image onto a portrait oriented page, because I still wanted to use color. I pulled colors from the image to use in my text boxes and in details, which I think helps the page look unified. I left space for the Description and Pull Quote.
I want to feel prepared and confident for the next public critique, so I put times on my calendar to dedicate to working on my project, rather than doing it all at the end. I also will have someone read over my page beforehand to get their feedback before the public critique so that I feel more confident.
This week we will summarize what was learned in completing Summer Stories, start working on Historical Moments, and finish appetizer #1
To Do 11/3
- Start and complete Summer Stories PTIL (due today)
- (Optional) Work on Balancing Sculptures (due Friday)
** we will not meet in the afternoon session so that you may use the time to complete your Summer Story PTIL
To Do 10/28
- Write concise definitions for the concepts/terms you identified in your Summer Story. Add these definitions to the image.
- For one of your terms, show how that concept is measured or calculated.
- How is ___________ measured? How is _________ calculated?
- Submit your most complete draft of your Summer Story with definitions to GClass today.
- Sign up for a public critique slot for tomorrow
- in PM we will critique definitions closely
To Do 10/26
- Answer the question I posted on G Class about free will.
- Start finding/creating an image of something you enjoyed doing over the summer. I made a collage on Google Drawings of myself spearfishing. See what students made last quarter.
- You may create a image digitally, make a collage, draw, or whatever you prefer.
We are going to be thinking about whether or not the future is determined by the past. Maybe learning a little about Physics will deepen your thinking.
To Do: (before class if possible)
1. watch the video
2. take note of 2-3 questions you have about the content of this video
3. on Google Classroom, respond to the question, "What is free will and do you have it?"
Here is a much longer video that is more detailed relating to this question
Here is an article that outlines the question quite well